The regular care and maintenance of oil treated furniture is easy and very effective in the long term. For best results, we recommend that you oil your furniture according to need depending on its positioning and use.
- First clean the chair thoroughly with a clean cloth tightly wrung out with clean hot water. Then leave the chair to dry.
- Before applying the oil, lightly sand the wood surface with a sanding sponge or fine sandpaper (grade 180 or 240).
- Apply the oil using a clean white cloth or a sponge. Do not pour the oil directly onto the wood.
- Apply the oil in the direction of the grain in a thin, even layer. It is important to treat the entire surface of the furniture.
- Allow the oil to dry for about two hours, and then remove any excess oil with a clean dry cloth.
If the chair has any scratches, these can be evened out by gently sanding the wood. It is important to sand the wood in the direction of the grain using a sanding sponge or fine sandpaper. After sanding, always wipe the chair with a clean, dry cloth to remove residual dust. Then oil the wood as described above.
For everyday cleaning, use a soft cloth wrung out with clean hot water. Do not use any cleaning agents or chemicals on the furniture.
NOTE : Cloths or sponges which have been used to oil the furniture can ignite spontaneously and must always be kept in an airtight metal or glass container. This also important when disposing of oil soaked materials.