Cookies & privacy
Any personal information collected that is necessary to process your order will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not disclose any confidential information about you or forward your details onto a third party for their use in promotional purposes without your prior permission.
The Cale Schiang Partnership (hereafter termed “the Partnership”) will not share any of your information with parties outside our organisation except to the extent we are required to do so subject under legislation to:
- The police.
- A court order.
- As requested by other government or law enforcement authorities.
Your personal details may only be disclosed to other reputable third parties only for the purpose of processing your order. the Partnership requires all such third parties contracted by it to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection or Consumer Legislation.
Communication & marketing
If you have made a purchase from our store as our customer we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via email, post and telephone.
You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves at any time.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. These “cookies” can be divided into four types:
- Type 1 : Essential cookies that are necessary in order to enable to the site to provide services you have asked for such as remembering your shopping basket items.
- Type 2 : Performance cookies. These collect anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. For example we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Type 3 : These remember choices you make regarding language or search parameters such as the timber, fabric or product you have selected. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your choices and make for a more pleasant user experience. The information is also merged with other visitors on an anonymous basis to enable us to improve the operation of the site.
- Type 4 : targeting cookies or advertising cookies. We do not use these types of cookies on this or any our website associated with the Partnership. These are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser “help” section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings.
Protecting your security
We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity – a credit check is not performed and your credit rating is unaffected.
Transfers of your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for ourselves or one of our suppliers. Such processing may, for example, be required by Sagepay in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Checking your details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to the Partnership. please do so by contacting us via the email address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your email address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your email and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
The Cale Schiang Partnership (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
You have the right to access the information which the Partnership has recorded about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request, and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge.
We are pleased to hear from our customers for whatever reason and will look to respond to a request for additional information or address any shortcomings reported to ourselves as efficiently as possible. We hope you to return to our site and to recommend us to your friends and family.
The Cale Schiang Partnership
Tewin Hill Farm